IEICE Electronics Express (ELEX) is a fully-electronic open-access journal published twice a month by the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE) and edited by the Electronics Society in IEICE. An aim of ELEX is rapid publication of original short papers that treat the field of modern electronics and electrical engineering.
ELEX shall be published on J-STAGE web pages maintained by Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST).
The features of ELEX are:
- Papers are DOI (digital object identifier) attached and accessible through the internet from all over the world.
- Links to references are provided.
- Papers including figures with multi-colors as well as multimedia files such as movie files can be published. (See a sample file with movie embedded.)
- Short papers are rapidly published. (within 1 or 2 months after submission)
- Archives are available in the ELEX web pages.
An aim of ELEX is rapid publication of original, peer-reviewed short papers that treat the field of modern electronics and electrical engineering. The boundaries of acceptable fields are not strictly delimited and they are flexibly varied to reflect trends of the fields. Current appropriate topics include:
- Integrated optoelectronics (lasers and optoelectronic devices, silicon photonics, planar lightwave circuits, polymer optical circuits, etc.)
- Optical systems (fiber optics, microwave photonics, optical interconnects, photonic signal processing, photonic integration and modules, optical sensing, etc.)
- Electromagnetic theory
- Microwave and millimeter wave devices, circuits, and systems
- Electron devices, circuits and modules (silicon, compound semiconductor, organic and novel materials)
- Integrated circuits (memory, logic, analog, RF, sensor)
- Power devices and circuits
- Micro- or nano-electromechanical systems
- Circuits and modules for storage
- Superconducting electronics
- Energy harvesting devices, circuits and modules
- Circuits and modules for electronic displays
- Circuits and modules for electronic instrumentation
- Devices, circuits and systems for IoT and biomedical applications
ELEX publishes concise technical reports on outstanding inventions, innovation, and finding that have influential importance to electronics engineers. Rapid circulation of publication as well as article quality is deemed important for both contributors and subscribers working in the fast moving fields. All manuscripts are evaluated to be either "accepted for publication" or "rejected."
ELEX complies with the copyright policy of IEICE. For its details, please refer to the follwing web site for provisions and explanations:
If you want to reuse ELEX's copyrighted materials in your original work, you need to obtain the prior permission from IEICE. When using the materials, you must clearly indicate its source in your work.
The permission request can be submitted to IEICE office by using the following application form : http://db.ieice.org/chosaku/sinsei/index-e.php
Access to papers:
Papers published in ELEX are electrically released using web. Hyperlinks to the respective papers are listed at http://www.elex.ieice.org.
Each paper is published on the web pages maintained by J-STAGE, in combination of text-based bibliographical information and complete version in PDF format. Both bibliographical information and PDF versions are available free of charge.
ELEX Best Paper Award:
The IEICE Electronics Society presents the ELEX Best Paper Award to authors of the most outstanding paper published in each volume of IEICE Electronics Express (ELEX).
The ELEX Best Paper Award Selection Committee, which the ELEX Editor-in-Chief chairs, determines the Award winners.
The decision of the Selection Committee is authorized by the IEICE Electronics Society Board of Directors and announced in June. The Award, which shall consist of a testimonial and cash prize, is scheduled to be presented at the IEICE Electronics Society Conference.
Editor in chief: Prof. Toshiro Hiramoto (The University of Tokyo)
Editorial committee members list
ELEX editorial office.